Position Title: Clinical Support Manager (LCSW/LMFT/Clinical Psychologist)
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health Services
Compensation: $60K+ annually DOE with comprehensive benefit program
Recruitment Date: August 31, 2021 until filled
The Clinical Support Manager will provide direct client services and be responsible for coordinating and providing clinical supervision for The Center’s behavioral health services staff and interns. The Clinical Support Manager will work closely with the Director of Behavioral Health Services in the development of ongoing programs and services, and has primary responsibility for clinical quality, assurance and corrective initiatives.
- Work in collaboration with team members to ensure optimal client care supported by high quality clinical practice and effective, evidence-based guidelines.
- Model inclusive, multi-cultural programming, leveraging prior experience working with and in diverse LGBTQ and BIPOC communities with a demonstrated understanding of intersectional oppressions.
- Supervise counseling staff and student interns; ensure appropriate clinical coverage during program operation in both virtual and in-person environments.
- Oversee recurring clinical review of client charts, ensuring compliance with regulatory, legal, licensing and funding source requirements.
- Provide direct client services including intake, assessment, engagement, counseling, crisis- intervention, elements of case management and advocacy, linkage and referral balanced with administrative and supervisory responsibilities.
- Respond to telephone/virtual inquiries; screen potential clients and make appropriate referrals to programs within and outside The Center.
- Build community and provider relationships for referral purposes (substance use and recovery programs, crisis facilities, assisted living facilities, and other community mental health clinics).
- Support the expansion of care into the Eastern Coachella Valley.
- Plan and participate in training, supervision, and various meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Advanced clinical degree with license to practice in California (LCSW/LMFT/PsyD/PhD).
- 2-3 years supervisory experience in the provision of behavioral health services.
- Knowledge of regional behavioral health resources, treatment regulations and programs;
knowledge of electronic medical recordkeeping.
- Strong leadership, administrative, organization, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
- Commitment to inclusive, multi-cultural programming; prior experience working with and in
coalition with diverse LGBTQ and/or BIPOC communities with an understanding of intersectional
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues, needs and interests of LGBTQ youth, adults,
families and community, including knowledge of the spectrum of gender and nonbinary identity
- A strong commitment to the mission and work of The LGBTQ Community Center of the Desert.
- Fluency in a language in addition to English desired.