Reports to: Senior Manager, Community Programming
Classification: 28-32 hours per week | Non-exempt hourly
Compensation: DOE + comprehensive benefit program
Recruitment Date: Until filled
The Food Bank Coordinator is responsible for the management and oversight of the Center’s Community Food Bank including oversee and coordinate food procurement, management of client data, inventory, equipment maintenance, volunteer coordination and all programming and facilities related to the food bank operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain health standards set forth by FIND Food Bank, City of Palm Springs and the State of California.
- Acquire and manage weekly inventory of Food Bank.
- Assure that inventory is rotated on a regular basis.
- Facilitate and maintain a quick, efficient, and fair distribution system.
- Assist Volunteer Manager in training large corps of volunteers to assist with the operation of the Food Bank.
- Monitor client’s completion of qualifying forms.
- Manage the safety and well-being of Food Bank volunteers and clients and ensure that a policy system is in place where everyone is treated with respect.
- Maintain, update, and manage client database.
- Act as point of contact with partner organization FIND Food Bank for implementation of Policies & Procedures per contract with The Center.
- Submit monthly reports to Center supervisor.
- Adhering to budgetary restrictions and guidelines.
- Oversee the dedicated company van including proper and regular maintenance.
- Implement a quality assurance process that ensures adjustments are made to systems in place, subsequently enhancing the lives and opportunities of clients and the operation of the program.
- Manage clients on-site to minimize noise impact on neighborhood.
- Coordinate and manage appropriate vendors (i.e., Security Company, Walgreens, Equipment Maintenance, Pest Control, etc.).
- See work matrix for specific daily work duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Demonstratable communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, volunteers, and clients; demonstrated emotional intelligence.
- Valid CA driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Team-player with the ability to also be effective independently.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Physical activities include moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces; repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers; fluctuating and/or high temperatures; medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds; operating motor vehicles. See attached supplemental notice: physical activities.
How To Apply
The Center has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy as a condition of employment for all employees who work on the Center’s premises, subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To apply, please submit a cover letter outlining your interest and applicable skills along with a CV/resume to email@example.com.