COVID-19 | Updated 06/16/2020:
The Community Food Bank @ The Center is committed to serving those who are experiencing food insecurity.
Due to the current global situation around COVID-19, we are operating our Community Food Bank @ The Center under a modified Food distribution model.While our resources and capacity are currently limited, we will work within these limitations to serve as many people as possible, especially during this very challenging crisis.
In observance of upcoming Holidays, The Community Food Bank @ The Center is scheduled to be closed on the following dates:
- Thursday, Nov 26, 2020 – Thanksgiving Day
- Thursday, Dec 24, 2020 – Christmas Eve Day
- Thursday, Dec 31, 2020 – New Year’s Eve Day
No food distribution or/and drop off donations will occur on these dates.
HOURS: Food distribution takes place on Thursdays from 5:00 to 7:00 pm at our facility located on 610 S Belardo Rd. Palm Springs, CA 92264.
- Guidelines: The Community Food Bank @ The Center will continue to follow Federal, State and City mandates observing social distancing and enforcing face covering (nose and mouth) in order to be served.
- Food Distribution Alternatives: Please contact FIND Food Bank to learn more of other food distribution opportunities and locations in the Coachella Valley. FIND Foods Bank: 760.775.3663 or visit their website www.FINDfoodbank.org
DONATIONS: If you are considering ways to support our food bank with donations, here is how you can help us to keep our food inventory at a healthy level.
Food Donations Needed
● Canned Goods: Tomatoes, Soup, String Beans, Corn, Fruit
● Canned Prepared Food: Spaghetti-O’s, Beef Stew, Chili, etc.
● Rice, 1 Pound Package
● Dry Beans, 1 Pound Package
● Macaroni & Cheese
● Protein & Granola Bars
● Cat Food & Dog Food
● Canned: Cranberries; Pumpkin; Sweet Potato Jam; Gravy; Cream of Mushroom or Chicken Soup.
● Crispy fried onions
● Stuffing Mix
● Small size Hams
● Small turkeys; whole chickens
Drop -off location available at our Community Food Bank @ The Center on 610 S. Belardo Rd. Palm Springs, CA | Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10:00 am to Noon and Thursdays from 5:00 to 7:00 pm (curbside option. Collecting barrel available on the street on 610 S Belardo Rd. Safe self-service drop and go!). Also consider purchase online on websites like AmazonSmile® or other online food suppliers of your preference, delivered to The Center @ 1301 N Palm Canyon Dr, 3rd Floor. Palm Springs, CA 92262.
Money donations? Please click HERE to be taken to our donation page.
- Extensive volunteer opportunities are available. Apply here.
- Make a donation to support The Community Food Bank @ The Center
- Review our list of non-perishable food donation requests